Sunday, August 31, 2014

Fluffy Pancake Recipe

fluffy pancake
Pancakes with a side of bacon

I love weekends. Greg doesn't have to work, so we get to spend some quality time together, and have breakfast together. Pancakes are our favorite breakfast food. I love making them and he likes eating them. We make a good team.

I've tried a few pancake recipes, but this one is my favorite so far. I got this pancake recipe from Allrecipes. The pancakes are moist, thick, and fluffy.

thick fluffy pancakes
Thick and fluffy pancakes

I made a couple of substitutions. Instead of regular milk, I used unsweetened almond milk. I also replaced sugar with stevia. With these two substitutions, the sugar went down to ZERO! Yay! This makes me feel less guilty about all that maple syrup that I drizzled on my pancakes.

That sexy syrup drizzle


Fluffy Pancake Recipe 

Makes 8 pancakes, serves 2


  • INGREDIENTS:

  • 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
    (Mine was vanilla flavored.)
  • 2 tablespoons white vinegar
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon stevia
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt
    (I used less than what the original recipe calls for as I prefer less sodium.)
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
  • Cooking spray

Pancake ingredients
What you'll need

DIRECTIONS:


STEP 1

Combine almond milk and vinegar in a large bowl. Set aside for 5 minutes to "sour".


STEP 2

Combine flour, stevia, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Give it a quick whisk so everything is evenly mixed. 


STEP 3

Whisk egg and melted butter into prepared almond milk. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, and whisk them together until most of the lumps are gone (I prefer not to over mix the batter).


STEP 4

Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat, and coat with cooking spray. Pour 1/4 cupfuls of batter onto the skillet, and cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Carefully flip pancakes with a spatula, and cook until browned on the other side.





NOTES & TIPS:


I use a cast iron skillet to cook my pancakes. The skillet can get really hot, so I prefer to use low to medium-low heat. When I use medium heat, the pancakes brown too much before they are flipped.

No comments:

Post a Comment